The 1st Annual Women in Construction Expo “Expo" is the first of its kind in Northern California and will empower women in the trade by providing tips on how to work a room, navigate the City’s bidding process, network, and establish partnerships to develop contracting opportunities. The SFPUC’s Small Firm Advisory Committee and the Contracting Monitoring Division (CMD) hosts of the Expo are working in collaboration with the National Association of Women in Construction and Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.
For more information, visit http://conta.cc/PoI8xQ.
EVENT LOCATION: Hotel Whitcomb
- Registration opens - 7:30 a.m.
- Light Breaksfast Commences - 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Program Commences - 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Program Concludes at 10:30 a.m.
Morning sessions 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- How to Work a Room - Lee Cunningham, Owner of BT Metals and Fabrications
- Bonding, financing, and insurance
Lunch 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
keynote speaker Naomi Kelly, City Administrator, San Francisco
Afternoon sessions 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
3. Doing Business with the City:
- Office of Labor Standards Enforcement
- Office of Economic Workforce Development
- Department of Public Works
- Municipal Transportation Authority
4. Estimating and prequalification - Webcor, Turner, and Flat Iron
- All Attendees must be registered
- Please RSVP online by 5 pm on May 5th